Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolve

Image Via

Every year my New Year's resolution is basically the same - lose weight, get in better shape, yada yada. Now I look back at pre-baby photos I think, "Lose weight?! I would do anything to look like that again!" 

But this year, when it would seemingly make sense to make the same resolution yet again, I've decided to get serious and make serious changes. 

In 2013 I resolve to be the best version of me and build a healthier life for my family.

Seems simple enough, right? But when you get down to brass tacks, I've actually set quite a lofty goal for myself. I refuse to join the ranks of resolution-makers that clog up the gym for the first two weeks of January and then call it quits only to pay for a membership for the next 11 1/2 months. (Shamefully, I was a card-carrying member of this army last year). In fact, sticking to my resolution strictly prohibits such financial waste and general laziness.

Keeping my resolution will require a detailed multi-layered blueprint, one which is still very much in the beginning stages. Because I truly do want to shed the baby weight and get back into shape, I'm beginning with food and fitness. And since I am required to eat in order to live, it makes sense to start with food.

I have vowed to Eat Clean. I've heard this term bounced around a lot in the past few months and thought it just another trendy diet fad. But after some research, I've found that Eating Clean is sensible, simple and incredibly healthy.


I am also following a partially-Paleo eating plan, but that's another post all together. I've been eating clean for 3 days now and I've dropped 4 lbs! Holy Hannah!! Besides the weight loss, I am so happy to know that I have not put any chemicals or unnecessarily processed foods into my body. I don't need it and my family doesn't need it.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!